Thursday 31 August 2023

Autumn recess?

Sketching a flock of salmon farm flotation pipes which were showing well near Noss, South Mainland Shetland, during October 2021, or maybe it was the nearby Eastern Yellow Wagtail....

I don't like making excuses, but equally, I appreciate there might just be one or two folks out there in cyberspace who anticipate (if not appreciate 😉 ) my 'regular' postings. 

I do try to be reasonably consistent with my blogposts, but what with working, and just trying to keep up with the conflicting demands of life in general, sometimes there's too little time to manage to squeeze out another load of waffle.  That's said. it is the drawings that take the time, whether or not there's much to go off in my notebooks or original accounts, etc..

So I'm getting in my excuses early, as what with working near Inverness every other week and going to various islands in coming weeks as part of my birding autumn, something might have to give..... .

However, who knows? Being on the Isle of May between 2nd and 9th September, Lewis between the 16th and 23rd September and the Scillies between the 14th and 23rd October may just produce, and as such generate a new species account or two? Watch this space. 

So apologies, normal service will resume as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment